Four startups stood out, and were awarded in the second bidding round of ClimAccelerator Beyond’s ClimAccelerator Beyond program for their innovative business solutions, which promote positive environmental impact. This program implements Impact Hub Athens to address the challenge of climate change.
These are the startups that stood out:
- The EV Loader-a platform that allows professionals and businesses to connect with charging stations. It offers them the ability to book and pay in real time, with full transparency. It also helps them attract more electric car drivers, increasing their revenue, and streamlining transactions.
- Datphoria – an analytics-as-a-service platform that helps automate and monitor ESG analytics, while creating Business Intelligence systems,
- η Aegean Cargo Sails-which presented an eco-model of maritime transport with the goal of creating a sustainable “blue economic” network in the Aegean.
- η Théla a company that focuses on sustainability in fashion by combining used plastic and traditional techniques.
Awards and evaluation
Each of the four teams claimed and won a cash prize of € 9.000 each through the process of a 5-minute pitching session.The evaluation was based primarily on business viability criteria and emphasized environmental and social impacts. They also participated the second cycle. Ankaa Project and Feel Good Food Network Greece.
The Greek winners were selected by:
- Eva Lianou (Latsi Foundation),
- Rineta Mitsi(Goody’s-Everest Group)
- Ioli Christopoulou(The Green Tank).
- Paul Kidner(Tima Foundation)
- Alexandros Karydis (Sporos Platform).
The competition took place within the framework the business empowerment program which is implemented with the cofinancing of EIT Climate-KICAnd, for Greece, with their support Ioannis S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.
The ClimAccelerator Beyond Program
Parallel to the implementation of this program, Impact Hubs in Croatia and the Czech Republic, Serbia, Slovenia, or Slovenia with 120 startups.He started it in Greece May 2021, and has already grown during the first cycle 9 companies with prizes of € 36.000Also, a series of workshops featuring innovative business tools, personalized advice, and connection – collaboration with experts, executives and executives from environmental organisations and companies.
His goal ClimAccelerator BeyondIt is to build a strong network that promotes the development of innovative, sustainable and regenerative solutions for the protection and enhancement of the environment.