Our HEATCourse is a five-day training program that teaches participants how to effectively deal with emergency situations and critical situations while deployed in hostile environments. This training aims to improve the abilities of participants in their daily work in conflict areas.
Our course has been a success for more than 500 students since 2003. It has had 25 editions. The HEATCourse is included in our REACTAs a practical supplement to the theory of Peace Missions, this program (Rapid Expert Assistance and Cooperation Teams for Conflict Prevention, Crisis Management and Post-Conflict Rehabilitation), is available.
Training people who are working in risky situations or already have been trained has been a necessity. Helsinki Españato launch the HEATCourses can be taken on an individual basis. This allows for more people to be trained and lasts longer.
The course is designed for business professionals, security personnel, humanitarian officers, and other candidates who plan to be deployed in. High-risk zones.
Participants with the necessary SkillsTo deal with situations armed conflictsTheir key actors and their impact on civilians.
Improve participants’ capacity in conflict resolutionAnd Protection of civiliansIn armed conflict.
To improve the ability and confidence of participants to effectively deal with them, Situations that are risky or criticalAs it would be in peacekeeping missions.
Participants can receive Simple and useful toolsThis allows them to respond as quickly as possible to any risk situation.
The course employs a variety of methods, including lectures and presentations as well as outdoor activities and simulation exercises. 75% of the course is practical, while 25% of it is theoretical.
- First aid is the basic life support that is available in the absence or medical personnel.
- Security of classified and sensitive information
- GPS Navigation, Map reading, and Orientation
- Procedures and methods of communication (uses of radios).
- 4×4 vehicle driving techniques
- Convoy driving
- Stress management
- Personal health care
- Response to threats of violence against women and protection
- Set of threats, personal security, and associated risks
- Risk management
- Mobile security: Protection and security procedures for vehicles traveling
- Manage threats related to large crowds, demonstrations, protests, orriots
- Hostage taking and survival. Kidnapping
- Weapons, mines and improvised explosive device (IEDs), as well as unexploded ordnances (UXOs).
Full course description available Here.