JCDecaux GetEcoVadis’ environmental and corporate social responsibilities performance is awarded the EcoVadis Gold Award
Paris, 4 January 2022JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris, DEC), the world’s number one outdoor advertising company, announced that it has been awarded the Gold Medal status by EcoVadis, an internationally recognized rating agency. EcoVadis is present in 160 countries and has 75,000 rated companies. It was praised for its CSR performance as well as sustainable procurement.
This detailed assessment measures maturity of policies and the actions taken based on 21 criteria that are grouped into four main themes: Environment and Labour and Human Rights; Ethics; Sustainable Procurement.
JCDecaux’s Gold Medal this year places it among the Top 3% of the top performing companies evaluated by EcoVadis. The company is only two percentage points away the Platinum Medal, which EcoVadis considers the highest honor.
JCDecaux is now in the Top 1% of companies EcoVadis has assessed in the Advertising and Market Research category. They have a score greater that or equal to 71/100.
This new distinction recognizes the Group’s actions regarding environmental and corporate Social Governance. It confirms JCDecaux commitment, the soundness of the strategy and transparency in sustainable development. It also demonstrates JCDecaux’s commitment to a sustainable business model that respects the environment as well as society.
EcoVadis has identified four areas where the Group should be focusing its efforts:
- JCDecaux set a goal to cover 100% of its electricity consumption with electricity from renewable sources by 2022. The Group has already achieved a 91% coverage rate by 2020, with 50% of its countries at 100%.
- A fundamental part of circular economic principles is the long-term ecodesign of street furniture.
- Labour Human Rights
- JCDecaux’ International Charter of Fundamental Social Values was published in 2012 and last updated in 2018. It outlines the Group’s commitment to respecting human right and strengthening the protection of fundamental rights in the 80+ countries it operates.
- Every two years, a survey is conducted to assess compliance of local practice with the principles enshrined within the Charter. This has been done since 2013. The most recent survey was conducted in 2019 and included 77 countries. This ensured that 99% of full-time employees in the Groups were covered.
- In 2001, the Group established its Ethics Charter to document the ethical principles and rules that it follows in conducting its business at all its locations.
- Group employees now have access to a whistleblowing process. This procedure has been deployed in all Group subsidiaries via a variety of channels since November 2018. The Ethics Committee takes care of all raised alerts, with the assistance from the respective departments and an external counsel.
- Sustainable Procurement
- Since 2014, JCDecaux a Supplier Code of Practice that outlines JCDecaux’s expectations of suppliers regarding social, ethical and health-safety issues.
- In 2020, all of its key suppliers signed this Code of Conduct.
Jean-Franois Decaux, Chairman of JCDecaux’ Executive Board and Co-CEO, said: We announced JCDecaux’s inclusion on the A List in December, which was drawn up by CDPthe world climate change reference organisation.JCDecaux hasnow earned a Gold Medal for our excellent performance as part of our first EcoVadis assessment. We are proud of the performance achieved thanks to our commitment. CompanyAs a whole. This again shows that JCDecaux is a strong partner. Rightful place among the most responsible businesses The long-term Specific We have demonstrated our commitment to tackling social and environmental challenges through the implementation of several initiatives. The Group is committed further to sustainable development and will implement our new strategic plan for 2022. RoadmapTo take us to 2030Beyond.
EcoVadis offers business sustainability/CSR solutions for global supply chains. It is internationally recognized and active in 160 nations, with 75,000 rated companies. EcoVadis combines innovative technology with expertise in CSR criteria to engage companies and support them in adopting sustainable practices. It evaluates companies’ CSR performance and provides detailed reviews, comparative analyses and other tools to help them adopt a continuous improvement strategy. Their expert teams review company data from both public and documentary sources to provide reliable and personalized assessments. This is based on company size and location.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2020 revenue: 2,312m 9M 2021 revenue: 1,789m
- Worldwide N1 Out-of-Home Media company
- More than 840 million people are listened to daily in more than 80 countries
- 964,760 advertising panels around the world
- Present in 3,670 towns with more than 10,000 people
- 10,230 employees
- JCDecaux is on the EurolistEuronext Paris is part of the Euronext 100 & Euronext Family Business Indexes
- JCDecaux is recognized for its extra-financial performance on the CDP (A–List), FTSE4Good (4.6%) and MSCI (AAA (4.8/5) rankings
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company joins the RE100 (committed 100% renewable energy).
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- N1 in street furniture worldwide (489,500 advertising boards)
- N1 worldwide in transport marketing with 156 airports and 249 metros, trains, trains, and tramways contracts (229,790 advertising panels).
- N1 in Europe for billboards (129.970 advertising panels).
- N1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 advertising panels)
- N1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 advertising panels)
- N1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 advertising panels)
- N1 in Middle East outdoor advertising (15,350 advertising panels).
For more information on JCDecaux, please go tojcdecaux.com.
Join us Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, InstagramAndYoutube.
Communications Department:Albert Assraf
+33 (0) 1 30 79 35 68 [email protected]
Investor Relations:Rmi Grisard
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 [email protected]