1. Deb Roy, Sinan Alal, and Soroush Volsoughi, The Spread of True & False News Online. Science 359, no. 6380 (March 2018).
2. Max Bazerman and Don Moore Judgement in Managerial Decision Making, 8th ed. (Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013), 735.
3. Kathleen Hicks, Russia In The Gray Zone, Center for Strategic and International Studies 25 July 2019.
4. Joint Chiefs of Staff Joint Publication 3-13 Information Operations, incorporating Change 1 (20 November 2014), Ix.
5. Joint Chiefs of Staff Information Operations, x.
6. Joint Chiefs of Staff Information Operations, II-6.
7. Patrick Blannin & Robert Ehlers: Making Sense of the Information Environment Small Wars Journal(3 March 2020).
8. Russian Federation Armed Forces Information Space Activities Concept(Moscow, Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation 2000).
9. Olga Vartanova, Gerasimov Doctrine: An Active Measure of Russian IPb (Quantico, VA: Marine Corps Intelligence Activity, 2017), 133.
10. Timothy L. Thomas, Dialectical and Empirical Thinking: Ten Key Elements of Russian Information Operations Understanding. Journal of Slavic Military Studies 11, no. 1 (March 1998): 4062.
11. Sam Sokol, Russian Disinformation Distorts the Reality in Ukraine Americans Should Take Notice Foreign Policy, 2 August 2019
12. Elsa B. Kania PLAs Latest Strategic Thought on the Three Warfares. The Jamestown Foundation, 22 Aug 2016, 5.
13. Kania Three Warfares, 1.
14. John Boyd, Patterns of Conflict. Video lecture, Marine Corps University Archives. Boyd Collection.
15. Frans Osinga Getting a Discourse about Winning or Losing: A Primer to Boyds Theory of Intellectual Evolution Contemporary Security Policy 34, no. 3 (November 2013): 613.
16. USMC is a term coined by Major Tyle Quinn
17. Boyd, Patterns Of Conflict
18. John Boyd, Creation and Destruction video lecture, Marine Corps University Archives Boyd Collection