You can make a difference in your own home or office by taking specific actions. The World Day for Environmental EducationThis January 26th, we will be remembering the birthday of.ThWe are invited to increase our awareness of the challenges we face in this field.
We share seven actions that you can take to improve the environment from your home.
- Unplug electronics you aren’t using. Keep in mind that if you have an electronic device plugged into, it is consuming power.
- Make the most of natural light. This will allow you to use less energy and reduce your electricity bill.
- Separate the waste. Most materials can be reused.
- Items that can be reused are preferred. Clothes and shoes, as well as toys and clothes, can be given another chance.
- Shop with cloth bags or other alternatives to plastic.
- Make sure to close the pipes correctly and make sure that no water is leaking from your office or house.
- Participate in community volunteer days and inspire others.
Making a difference
We can all make an impact by taking specific actions to reduce our environmental impact from our homes and offices, said Teddy Vargas (General Director of Mondelz for Central America and the Caribbean).