Li Li is an environment modeler. His research focuses on the inter-discipline environmental chemistry and industrial ecology. His research focuses upon understanding the transport, accumulation, transformation and health effects of synthetic chemicals (e.g. pesticides, flame retardants and plasticizers), as well as their impact on the environment and human socioeconomic systems. He works to create, foster and maintain a variety of computationally sound models that are mechanistically sound to help us understand the behavior and processes behind synthetic chemicals and other materials. This will also help to inform decision making.
Li obtained his Ph.D. in 2017 from Peking University (China), and his doctoral research was honored with the “Springer Theses Outstanding Ph.D.Research Award.” He was a Mitacs Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Toronto Scarborough (Canada), from 2017 to 2019, before becoming an assistant professor at the University of Nevada Reno.
- Li, L.; Hoang, C.; Arnot, J.A.; Wania, F. Clarifying temporal trends variability in human biomonitoring for polybrominated phenyl ethers using mechanistic modeling. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2020, 54: 166-175.
- Li, L. Modeling Chemicals in Products. Singapore, Springer, 2020
- Li, L.; Arnot, J.A.; Wania, F. What are the human exposures to organic chemicals released into indoor air? Environ. Sci. Technol. 2019, 53: 11276-11284.
- Li, L. and Wania, F., Single- and double-peaked emission profiles in synthetic chemicals. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52: 4684-4693.
- Li, L., Wania, F., Elucidating the variability in the hexabromocyclododecane diastereomer profile in the global environment, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52: 10532-10542
- Li, L. Westgate J. N. Hughes L. Zhang, X. Givehchi B. Toose L. Armitage J.M. Wania F., Egeghy P., Arnot J.A. A model to prioritize human exposure to chemicals from close-field sources and for risk-based screening Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52: 14235-14244
- Li, L., Arnot, J. A., Wania F. Revisiting the contributions to aggregate human exposures polychlorinated biphenyls(PCBs) via far- and near field routes Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52, 6974-6984
- Li, L.; Liu, J.; Hu, J.; Wania, F. Degradation of fluorotelomer based polymers contributes global occurrence fluorotelomer alkyl carboxylates and fluorotelomer alcool: A combined dynamic substance flow analysis and environmental fate modeling analysis. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2017, 51: 4461-4470
- Li, L. and Wania, F. Mechanistic pharmacokinetic modeling of the bioamplification persistent lipophilic organic pollutants in humans during weight loss Environ. Sci. Technol., 2017, 51: 5563-5571
- Li, L. and Wania, F. Tracking chemicals in products around world: introduction to a dynamic substance flow model and application of it to PCBs Environ. Int., 2016, 94: 674-686