We know people are busy. Concerned about climate change and want to take action, but feel that the problem is too big and they’re not sure how to help. Check out some ways you can get started across our technologies, whether that’s leading the charge on fundraising for a cause or just learning more about climate issues.
- Fundraise on Instagram Reels:You can now donate to and create fundraisers in Instagram Reels in more than 30 different countries. Dave BurdAlso known as Lil Dicky Maggie Baird, Zyahna BryantThese are just a few of the many raising opportunitiesToney Sensitize people to environmental issues such as climate change, sustainability, and other related topics.. As alwWe pay the donation processing fees so that all money raised through Fundraisers on Instagram goes directly towards the organization.
- Visit the Climate Science Center We’re adding new features, including highlighting everyday actions and solutions people can take and showcasing new data visualizations that show country-level emissions and curating new content. Climate Science Center has been visited by more than 200,000,000 people. It is now available in 150 other countries.
- Show your support for our environment
- On Instagram, we’ve collaborated with illustrator Ping Zhu to create stickers that encourage people to express their support for Earth Day and the environment. When someone uses one of the stickers in a Story, they’ll get added to a multi-author story that shows up in the first spot of the Stories tray at the top of Instagram.
- On Facebook, we’re adding profile frames that let people show their support.
- On Messenger, we’re releasing a custom sticker pack and 3D Avatar stickers built just for Earth Day. We’ve also partnered with Ellen DeGeneres to bring an Earth Day-friendly version of her mobile game Heads Up!Video calling via Messenger and Instagram
- Quest offers environmental VR content. Immerse yourself inVirtual reality apps and experiences that allow conservation across the globe are available. Meta Quest. Encounter Mountain gorillas are endangeredIn the volcanic jungles in northern Rwanda Giant pandas can be walked withSit with them or rescue them from the wilds China. Cabo Pulmo’s ChildrenLearn more about how overfishing affects their local reefs, and livelihood.
- Shop secondhand at Facebook Marketplace You can use Facebook Marketplace to buy, sell and thrift secondhand items in your local community and beyond — from bicycles and plants to clothes and home decor. As of this April, there are more than 700,000 environmentally-friendly and up-cycled items listed on Marketplace in the US.
Our global operations have net zero greenhouse gas emissions since 2020 and are powered by 100% renewable energy. We’ve Also We set a lofty goal to achieve net zero emissions in our value chain and become water positive by 2030. To further our commitment, we’re announcing several new initiatives:
- Climate misinformation:We launched a new website last fall. $1 million Climate Misinformation grant programto support organizations working on climate misinformation. We’re announcing that an independent panel of judges has selected Nine grantees from all over the globeThey will be working to combat climate misinformation. This builds on our Existing effortsWe want to slow down misinformation spreading through our apps.
- Accelerating the transition from fossil energy to renewable energyWe have announced that we have achieved over 8 gigawatts new wind and sun energy to support our global operations. This is in addition to the 500 megawatts we already announced. This includes three new projects in Denmark that are part of the largest ever solar energy purchase agreement.
- Restoring water: Meta has invested more than 1 Billion gallons in water restoration projects as of today.
- Climate innovation support for diverse entrepreneurs: As part our Environmental justice support to the University of Maryland, we’re An announcement of the First cohort of environmental justice entrepreneursThey will be provided with resources to help them on their green entrepreneurship journey.
- Technology to accelerate carbon removalLast week, we announced a partnership with Stripe. Shopify. McKinsey. Frontier — a $925 million advance market commitment to purchase permanent carbon removal from companies building promising new solutions over the next eight years, starting in 2022. This investment reinforces our commitment towards reaching net zero emissions throughout our value chain by 2030.
- Climate research: We’re expanding our annual Climate Change Opinion Survey — conducted in partnership with the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication — to share information about views on climate change from people across more than 180 countries.
- Climate change mitigation using AI: We’re working on Many initiativesArtificial intelligence (AI) is used to protect our planet. The example of the Open Catalyst Project — a collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University’s Department of Chemical Engineering — uses AI to model and discover new catalysts to address the energy challenges posed by climate change. We are also looking into Green AI and carbon capture.
- Investing In Sustainability Journalism: In partnership with EB Impact, a Singapore based non-profit, we’re announcing the Sustainability Media Academy — an initiative to help journalists based in Asia develop expertise and authority on sustainability issues.
We can all help to care for the environment together. We hope you will. join usLearn more and get involved in this Earth Day.