Agence France Presse
Stockholm, Sweden ●
Sun, February 6, 2022
Greta Thunberg, a Swedish environmental activist and members from the Nordic country’s indigenous Sami communities protested on Saturday against a potential iron ore mine in Northern Sweden.
Next month will determine whether the government will approve the controversial project by Beowulf, a UK-based firm that has promised 250 to 300 jobs in this area.
But the Sami, which is estimated to number between 20,000 and 40,000, who live in Sweden, believe the plan will disrupt hunting and fishing, prevent reindeer herding, and destroy their homeland’s environment.
Click Here to Read the Full Story
Start at IDR 55,000/month
- Unlimited access to our app and web content
- Digital newspaper e-Post Daily
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privilege access to our programs and events
- Subscribe to our newsletters