Environment Minister Gopal Rai stated Tuesday that 1,915 sites had been inspected in Delhi so far as part of the government’s anti-open trash burning campaign.
He also stated that 21 notices or challans had been issued to violators.
Rai reports that five hundred teams representing 10 departments were deployed to make the month-long campaign successful.
“So far, approximately 1,915 garbage-burning sites and landfills have been inspected by teams under the Anti-Open Burning Campaign. He added that 21 notices, or challans, have been sent to individuals. Under the Summer Action Plan in Delhi, the campaign will continue until May 12.
The minister announced that special drives will be held by the Delhi Pollution Control Committee for industrial units starting from April 20. He said that any violation of environmental rules or norms will be dealt with.
Rai stated that all 1,607 industrial units registered in Delhi have been converted into PNG. If any industrial unit is found violating environmental regulations, the agency will take appropriate and severe actions against them.
On April 21, a meeting will be held at Delhi Secretariat with experts from all departments to resolve issues involving fires at landfills.
“A high-level meeting was held at the Delhi Secretariat on April 21 with all relevant departments, including DPCC and MCD, IIT Delhi Environment Department, TERI. DTU and CSE to resolve incidents of fire at landfills. Rai added that teams are also inspecting landfill sites on a daily base.
Rai said that the public works department (PWD), was also ordered to form a task force to increase the roadside green cover in the City.
“The PWD started working on this. Based on their recent report, efforts to increase roadside vegetation will start as soon as possible,” he said.
(This story was not edited by Devdiscourse staff. It is generated automatically from a syndicated feed.